NaNoWriMo is upon us! After our slate or preparatory workshops. The popular Library Crawl offers writers plenty of opportunities to work on their novels at write-ins while earning chances for nice prizes at the TGIO. As always, consider joining the Writing Journey, our year-round writing group.
- The 2016 NaNoWriMo season thus far - 6 November 2016 Here are we at November 6th; we’ve gone through our preparatory workshops and kick-off party in October, and our first write-in at Nichols Library (part of our Library Crawl). Here are many of the pictures that make up our journey thus far.
- RSVP for the kick-off party (2016) - 15 October 2016 It’s not too early to RSVP for our October 29th, potluck lunch kick-off party at the Naperville Municipal Center, 11:45 AM-2:45 PM. Be sure to bring your stuffed animal for the group photo. There will be door prizes, games and the opportunity to socialize with writing friends. Feel free to bring family and friends along […]
- 2015 Thank Goodness It’s Over Party - 9 December 2015 Saturday, December 5th saw about fifty people come to celebrate the end of National Novel Writing Month. The fun began with an ice breaker created by co-Municipal Liaison Frank Dahlman, where each of five groups was given two characters, a setting, and two objects and told to create a story. As people came in, Sarah […]
- More sculpey plot critters for the final Sunday write-in at Nichols - 26 November 2015 Since I know that attendance will likely be on the lower end for the final write-in at Nichols, I’ve created a bunch of new plot critters for word war prizes. Hope you like them!
- Woodridge and IPPL write-ins on Saturday, 2015-11-21 - 22 November 2015 Here are some photos from some of Saturday’s write-ins:
- New batch of plot critters for the Nichols write-ins - 22 November 2015 After a very nice writing day (5833 words) yesterday, I took a break and made a fresh batch of plot critters for today’s write-in:
- All day write-in, mid-month meet-up and the Nichols Library write-in (Nov 15) - 15 November 2015 A busy week for NaNoWriMo! Friday was our second annual all-day write-in, organized by our own Katherine Lato (KatherineWriting), former co-ML for the region. The event was very well attended across the day and we had a nice surprise visit from Councilwoman Judy Brodhead, who had just dropped off checks from her and from Councilwoman […]
- Second weekend of write-ins - 8 November 2015 So here we are at the second weekend of NaNoWriMo 2015. I managed to attend three write-ins: Woodridge (hosted by Cee-Bee), Warrenville (hosted by jen.e.moore) and my own hosted write-in at Nichols Library in Naperville. Many thanks to Ed for bringing donuts to Woodridge and delicious pies to Naperville. Thanks also to Catherine (Cee-Bee) and […]
- Good first write-in at Nichols Library in Naperville - 1 November 2015 Great first write-in! We had 17 people total; most were on our naperwrimo.org/wordcount spreadsheet: Attendees averaged over 3000 words in the three hours.
- A fun and filling kick-off pot luck lunch party - 28 October 2015 Saturday, October 24th saw some forty-something people attend our fun and filing pot luck lunch party to kick-off National Novel Writing Month. Since we still have some days before November 1st, there were some activities to talk about success strategies. With many thanks to Kat Stepp (Kat’s Meow) and Starbucks, we raffled off an impressive […]