For information about our regional events, see the detailed list of events. For information about what NaNoWriMo is, see National Novel Writing Month or our Frequently Asked Questions (faq). Visit our regional nanowrimo forum (and see our 2010 and 2011 regional forum archives). Also look at resources for writers. Need more help?. This fall, we will have NaNoBots (visit the store)!
Stories from: our NaperWriMo blog
- A neat thank you note - 9 April 2013 Writer and NaNoWriMo participant Ada Vaughan cc’d me on a nice thank you note to NaNoWriMo. I’d like to pass this along to our great NaperWriMo community. She wrote: Dear NaNoWriMo Folks, I guess you probably get hundreds of letters like this from Wrimos all over the world. So my voice will add to the ... read more
- Pictures from the Writer’s Voice Workshop (2013) - 8 April 2013 Pictures from the 7 April 2013 Writer’s Voice Workshop We had fifteen attendees of the workshop and eleven at the dinner afterwards.
- Writer’s Voice Workshop - 29 March 2013 April 7th (Sunday) is the free Finding Your Writer’s Voice workshop (1:30-4:30 PM). Registration is required (there are only four spots open). Contact NewMexicoKid if you are interested in participating. This is a great way to get a better feel for what your writer’s voice is. April 13th (Saturday) is the next Journey meeting (11:30 ... read more
- Pictures from the alternate TGIO - 19 December 2012 Katherine (KatherineWriting) organized a fun-filled and delicious alternate TGIO for those unable to make it on Saturday. Here are photos from the event: 121213 – Alternate TGIO dinner Several prizes were awarded, including an old NaNo poster, a signed mini poster, and two nanobots.
- 2012 TGIO a fun event - 9 December 2012 So our 2012 NaNoWriMo experience is at an end. “It’s Over!” We had over 35 people come to the TGIO (not sure of the exact numbers because not everyone signed in and some folks came by late). Dave started us off with the fun “Books in Common” ice-breaker, which Sabrina (bookgrrl) won by having the ... read more
- Final region stats plus what you should consider doing now - 3 December 2012 Congratulations First, congratulations to all those in our region who won. KatherineWriting (201228), The Peddler of Dreams (125713) and WritingStudent (122222) finished with the top three wordcounts in our region’s wordcount graph. The other winners from our region’s wordcount graph: KatherineWriting, The Peddler of Dreams, WritingStudent, writertodd07, mongrelvw, TRRDEDEAN, Larry72367, waking521, Asreena, sepiahistory, David L ... read more
- Final 95th Street Library write-in successful (11/25/2012) - 25 November 2012 Congratulations, Typesetjez, for winning the “regular season” nanoborg! We had thirteen people at the final write-in at the 95th Street Library. Several nanobots were awarded, including the nanoborg: The average words written during the write-in: 3500+ (even though Joe and Lisa were both writing by hand! and Lisa (TogetherAgain) wrote 1005 words in a 37 ... read more
- A successful write-in at the Nichols Library - 18 November 2012 We had a nice write-in at the Nichols Library, our last of 2012. Ten people won nanobots.
- Photos from the November 11th Write-in at the 95th Street Library - 11 November 2012 Our turnout was a bit light (compared to the Nichols Library write-ins); we only had thirteen people present. But people did quite a bit of writing and several nanobots were awarded! Be sure to follow our participants wordcount adventures on our regional graph.
- Progressive Write-in a big success - 10 November 2012 We had our very first Progressive Write-in in Naperville region history! It was great fun, organized by Katherine (KatherineWriting) to go from Caribou to Target to the Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville to the Atlanta Bread Company to Rock Bottom Brewery to end up at Caribou. Many participants joined in throughout the day. Many thanks to ... read more