Short story anthology is seeking stories!
Hello, NaperWriMo NaNo'ers!
I hope your winter and spring have gone well and that many of you have made progress with editing the novels you wrote in November. We don't often send out mail during the off-season; however, I think that some among you might have interest in this project. As many of you may have heard, we have a year-round writing group called the Journey. This group has a number of independent Paths that its members are following; among them is a project we call Anthology 6. Inspired by the legends surrounding this year, 2012, the stories in this anthology explore the day before the end of the world. The stories planned thus far cover many genres and themes; having the world end doesn't necessarily imply the physical end to the Earth, and some of the current authors are exploring more personal interpretations.
Anyway, here is an invitation from Roger Lubeck, one of three Editors for this anthology.
--Tim (aka NewMexicoKid), co-ML for the USA::Illinois::Naperville region
There is still time! Looking for a writing project?
The day before the end of the world (Anthology 6) is looking for several additional short stories.
If you are ready to commit to submitting a story, reply to this e-mail and confirm to email@example.com
Stories should be 3000-5000 words in length and fit with the theme: The day before the end of the world. The "end of the world" can be interpreted broadly. Your story does not have to take place on Earth nor does it have to follow any conventional methods for ending a world. The only restriction is the story take place on or before the "last day" and the story doesn't reveal whether the world really ends.
Stories have to go through a process of three drafts with critiques. Each draft of the story has to be reviewed by one of the Anthology Editors (Roger, Katherine, or Sarah) and by two or more outside reviewers. Authors can post their story on the Journey Wiki for review by members or post the story on Critique Circle (or other review sites) for review. Posted stories should indicated which draft they are, e.g., #1, # 2, # 3.
DEADLINES (for First and New authors)
- May 15: Call for additional first drafts.
- May 19: New authors (writers with no story submitted to editors) commit to write a story.
- June 1: New authors first draft due to editors. / First authors second draft due to editors and posted. Critiques begun.
- June 2: All authors Story meeting at the Sugar Grove Library 10 am - noon
- June 18: New Authors second drafts due to editors and posted. Critiques begun. / First Authors third draft due to editors and posted. Critiques begun.
- June 23: All authors Story meeting at the Sugar Grove Library 10 am - noon
- July 7: First Authors third draft due to editors and posted. Critiques begun.
- July 14: New Authors third drafts due to editors and posted. Critiques begun.
- July 21: All authors Story meeting at the Sugar Grove Library 10 am - noon
- Aug 4: Final draft proofed and in format to Editors
- Aug 18: All authors book meeting at the Sugar Grove Library 10 am - noon
- Sep 1: Book proof
- Sep 15: Book Published
Authors who have indicated they are writing a story.
ADD YOUR NAME HERE
Thanks for your interest,
Roger Lubeck, Ph.D., President
E-mail (change - AT - to @: rclubeck - AT - cbaltd.biz
Post a new comment:
There are currently 4365 users online.