People may not be aware that all Home settings were erased in the forum reset, so if you are a returning user, please make sure you've set your region Home to USA::Illinois::Naperville. That way your wordcount and donation stats will be linked with our region, helping us in inter-region word wars and the overall donation derby.
From the Welcome postBe sure to Home to Illinois::Naperville
This write-up originally by lazym, ML for Texas::Austin; included here, with slight modifications, with her permission
Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!
During November, it's fun to compare Illinois::Naperville's progress against all the regions in the world, both in word count and donations. Please show your pride in our region by making sure your successes are included in our regional totals. To do this, you need to affiliate with Naperville AND set Naperville as your Home Region.
It's a relatively painless process:
- If you’re not affiliated with Naperville: Log in and click My NaNoWriMo, then click My Regions. On the All Regions tab, locate Illinois::Naperville, and click Join. Then click Join again.
- If you are already affiliated: Do not pass Go. Proceed directly to the Home Region tab. On the Home Region tab, click the circle beside USA::Illinois::Naperville, and click the Set Home Region button near the bottom of the screen.
That’s all there is to it!
You're welcome to visit our NaperWriMo websites:
- Our blog has helpful articles
- We have a wiki site chock-full of useful references
- Visit our cafepress shops (proceeds help defray local costs; anything above that goes to NaNoWriMo).
- Visit our jabber chatroom (see the instructions here)