Usually we wait till late November to tell people about the the Journey; however, we have an unusual situation for ourselves. It was due to a combination of ambition (we embarked on two Anthologies and one Chapter Book) and personal circumstances (several Journeyers had to drop out when life dealt unexpected blows) that we've missed out on our original deadlines and find ourselves in need of a new schedule.
What is the Journey?
The Journey is the year-round writing group (well, really January-September) that is associated with our Illinois::Naperville region. Last year we published our first anthology of short stories: Infinite Monkeys. We have some social outings, some writing meetings and meet regularly in our regional jabber chat room.
About the Anthologies
Here are the steps of the schedule (dates to be determined). We're thinking to carry over the Anthologies and invite new participants so that we will have enough stories (each story is limited to 5,000 words). Anyone interested in joining us? Send me nanomail.
- Cover art ideas discussed
- Second drafts available for review.
- Everyone gives detailed comments on two other stories
- Third revision due.
- Cover art available for review.
- Everyone reads whatever stories they haven't read yet and give minor comments to the authors and looks at the cover art.
- Final version given to editor.
- Final version cover art given to editor.
- Editor puts the Anthology together and creates a pdf file, which is made available for review by the authors.
- Any last minute (minor) changes given to editor.
- Order proof copy.
- Any minor changes, order second proof.
- Review proof and order copies.
Anthology 2: Theme: Dreams
- NewMexicoKid, v2, 3 2nd round critiques received
- Sheeva, v3, 3 2nd round critiques received
- Katherine, v3, 2 2nd round critiques received
- Horatio, v2, 2 2nd round critiques received
- Tireddadx3, v1, 3 first round critiques (withdrawn)
- MightierThanTheSword, v2, 2 2nd round critiques received
- AJ, v1, 3 first round critiques received
- Corrupted Flame, v1, 3 1st round critiques received
- Samcadams, v2 2 2nd round critiques received
- Chastrea, v3, 2 2nd round critiques received
- askeladd, v1, 2 2nd round critiques received
- Grayraven, v1, 2 2nd round critiques received
Anthology 1: Common first line: The letter was unreadable, save for the last few words.
- Katherine, v1, 2 first round critiques received
- NewMexicoKid, v1, no first round critiques received
- Sheeva, v2, 1 critique received
- need_more_coffee, none
- grayraven, v1, 1 critique received
- barry, v1, 1 critique received
- babsy55, v1, 1 critique received
- AJ, v1, 0 critiques received
- Tomster, none
- askeladd, none
- Horatio, v1, 2 critiques received