Here we are on the cusp of being only ten days away from the start of NaNo! Where are you in your preparations? What do you have left to do?
For myself, I have a mindmap with a lot of information:
- partially defined subset of characters
- spotty scenes (but no climax)
- some worldbuilding
Still left to do:
- Finish defining the characters
- Create the ten key scenes (a la the story question cards we handed out in prep sessions 2 and 3) that define my novel's core plot
- Finish off some worldbuilding details (religion, realism)
- Make the rest of the goodies for the kick-off (oh, wait, that's NaNo kick-off prep, not novel prep ;-) ).
- Fix the rest of my graphing engines... (darn, that's not novel prep either ;-) ).
- Draw the custom covers for the index card books for the raffle... (nope, that's kick-off prep too ;-) ).
How about you?